Old 20-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Beecrofter

WRONG!

Necrotic ringspot is a disease of Kentucky Bluegrass and occurs mostly
in poor draining soils of low fertility, just what you don't want for
bluegrass.

It's possible you are confusing this with a "fairy ring" which will
occur when the fungi consuming the roots ot the tree removed produce
fruiting bodies( mushrooms) in a large circle.

"Michel Buonarroti" don't e-mail me wrote in message ...
"Jeff08171972" wrote in message
om...
I'm having some trees removed, and the guy taking them down mentioned
that since the trees are in wells that are about 6 to 10 inches deep,
and I'll be filling them in with loam, I woulsn't need to grind the
stumps (since they only go about 6 to 10 inches below grade anyway.
Sound right? I want to plant some new trees in the area, and I'm
unsure how they would grow so close to the old stumps.

The more wood you leave in the ground, the more chance you have of Necrotic
Ring Spot (Leptosphaeria korrae).