Old 16-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Kitsune Miko

I have one out of 6 minature roses that made it to
look like a bonsai. I styped it as shohin and have
shown it as such. It is possible, but the design
changes as the plant decides on new branches. They
don't like much wiring. It has to be really gentle
and loose. This one has been in process for 20 years.

I am working on a hedge rose with 2" flowers and
medium leaves. Nice trunk, but I get dieback, if I
prune too vigorsly, past where I wanted it to be.
Roses will sprout as they will. I will learn their
language and this one will hopefully become a bonsai.
(Unless when I learn it's language I find it is
shouting obscenities ;-D)

So dig up the roses as they go dormant if possible.
If they have leaves, defoliate. Make sure you get
some feeder roots.

Good luck,

Kitsune Miko

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++