Old 21-09-2004, 03:37 PM
sophie

In message , IRR
writes
"sophie" wrote in message
In message , IRR
writes
Thanks for the replies so far. Right now all we have (critter-wise) are
some of the "buy by the dozen" feeder fish, to try and get some kind of
bio
cycles established. We'd really like to have some lush plant growth
going,
and then try to play off of that to establish what sort of reptiles/herps
we
might be able to introduce; does that seem like a good way to go?
I hadn't even thought of dwarf anubias, and also am excited to try the
java
moss and creeping jenny, at least a few small plants to test things out.
Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Is this a vivarium or an aquarium? I'm puzzled now! I suggested creeping
jenny thinking it _wouldn't_ be underwater. I do grow it in my aquarium,
but I'm expecting to have to replace it at some point as it isn't actually
an aquatic plant. I have a ridiculous amount of the stuff in my garden, so
replacement isn't a problem, and the goldfish don't eat it, which is
unusual enough for me to be willing to replace it if necessary!

Sorry about that (and sorry about the toppost before!) -- it is basically
both. The tank is a 30G tall that is basically partitioned vertically. The
bottom 6" or so is freshwater (lit from behind through a diffuser), whereas
at about 9" we have a thin (artificial) rock platform that is almost the
same area as the tank, minus a small (5"x5") opening and rock "staircase"
that leads down to the water below. The top partition is where we are
planting, already have a good scaffolding of grapewood and vertical rocks w/
a waterfall. So the short answer is 'both', while hopefully clearing up my
earlier vivarium question!

It sounds lovely. do you have photos?

--
sophie