Old 22-09-2004, 04:51 AM
LTNAM LTNAM is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

[quote=Jerry]I'm considering the above two lawn tractors for a semi-flat yard less than
1/2 acre.

I know what enhancements the JD L118 has over the L110: seat, rear tires, V-
twin engine for $200 more.

However, it's the engine upgrade I wonder about. What are the opinions of
the single cyl Kohler vs the larger Briggs V-Twin? Ignoring the seat and
tires, is the engine upgrade worth it or would you stay with the Kohler?

I'm guessing it will start a "war" to ask for other recommendations to these
two in a similar price range. I might be interested in a ZTR, but I assume
they are out of the price range.

Thanks.[/QUOT

I have just purchased a 118. I would strongly suggest that you purchase the unit from a JD dealer as they have a 30 return policy. I ran the unit for the first time and was pleased with the performance. The V2 ran smoothly and quietly. There was nothing that I could not do with the unit. Close cutting, reverse cutting, comfortable ride and great on gas. Going to the JD dealer will eliminate Home Depot as a middle man. You deal with the people the HD send the unit to be serviced. Your JD dealer will give you the same $200 offer that HD does. I purchased the additional Extended Warranty that HD does not want to talk about. JD will be offering the 118 again for another year because of the popularity of the units.