Old 22-09-2004, 04:51 AM
LTNAM

Jerry Wrote:
I'm considering the above two lawn tractors for a semi-flat yard less
than
1/2 acre.

I know what enhancements the JD L118 has over the L110: seat, rear
tires, V-
twin engine for $200 more.

However, it's the engine upgrade I wonder about. What are the opinions
of
the single cyl Kohler vs the larger Briggs V-Twin? Ignoring the seat
and
tires, is the engine upgrade worth it or would you stay with the
Kohler?

I'm guessing it will start a "war" to ask for other recommendations to
these
two in a similar price range. I might be interested in a ZTR, but I
assume
they are out of the price range.

Thanks.[/QUOT

I have just purchased a 118. I would strongly suggest that you
purchase the unit from a JD dealer as they have a 30 return policy. I
ran the unit for the first time and was pleased with the performance.
The V2 ran smoothly and quietly. There was nothing that I could not do
with the unit. Close cutting, reverse cutting, comfortable ride and
great on gas. Going to the JD dealer will eliminate Home Depot as a
middle man. You deal with the people the HD send the unit to be
serviced. Your JD dealer will give you the same $200 offer that HD
does. I purchased the additional Extended Warranty that HD does not
want to talk about. JD will be offering the 118 again for another year
because of the popularity of the units.

--
LTNAM