Old 23-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Lynda Thornton
writes
Hi

I remember seeing a thread a while ago regarding preparing and freezing
apples - we have a large cooking apple tree and 5 smaller eating apple
trees (as far as I know having only just moved here) and I couldn't
remember what the techniques were for freezing large quantities of
apples! I have been cooking some and freezing puree, but I was hoping I
might be able to do it a less time-consuming and messy way?

Thanks for any advice!

Joan's method is: select best apples for freezing; wipe or wash them,
then core them; halve or quarter them according to size; drop cut pieces
into water with a little salt or lemon juice to prevent discoloration;
pack them flat into freezer bags, then pop them into the freezer.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.