Old 23-09-2004, 10:28 AM

Default Jack Pine question

I have a Jack Pine seedling which is about 2 1/2 years old. It's
5-inches tall and has a trunk which is about 5 mm thick. It sports
needles which are 4 inches long. The bonsai book I own advises that
two-needle pines should have all their needles removed in the Autumn
(with the exception of 6 pairs at the end of each limb.) This seems
to make sense in my case since the needles are so *long* and their
sheer weight is making my seedling lean to one side. Should I go
ahead with this procedure on such a young specimen? What about the
remaining needles on the ends? Should I trim their length down?

Thank you in advance for any advice.