Old 23-09-2004, 12:32 PM
gl

Default Deciduous tree in brisbane - no leaves!?

Hi - a few months ago we planted a tropical Birch tree in a huge pot in the
garden. It's hooked up to the watering system, and gets lots of sun during
the day. In winter it lost it's leaves (as expected) but it still doesn't
have any new shoots or buds! It doesn't seem to be dead... but nothing
appears to be happening, even though it's quite warm in Brisbane now. I
tried watering it with some seasol about 2 weeks ago to see if that would
kick it into action, but no joy. Should I assume it's dead? Or am I just
impatient?
(we also have a deciduous mulberry in the garden, and it's already covered
in fully grown leaves and flowers).