Old 23-09-2004, 04:03 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

This is the first year I've had a water hibiscus. Currently it is in the hole
of a concrete block and did very well. Question is, does it stay there over
winter or should I drop it below the freeze line.

Same question for water mint, leave it where it's growing now or sink it?
Thanks Karen Zone 5 Ashland, OH

Hey Karen,

My water hibiscus plants do fine in the pond, but like most other plants,
and as far as I know with swamp hibiscus, you don't what the crown or roots
to freeze.

Also, I know how strong the root mass is, and how fast mine grows, you
might want to get it out of that concrete block, before you can't get it
out at all. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~