Old 22-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Karen

Default Water Hibiscus

This is the first year I've had a water hibiscus. Currently it is in the hole
of a concrete block and did very well. Question is, does it stay there over
winter or should I drop it below the freeze line.

Same question for water mint, leave it where it's growing now or sink it?

Thanks
Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 23-09-2004, 04:03 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

This is the first year I've had a water hibiscus. Currently it is in the hole
of a concrete block and did very well. Question is, does it stay there over
winter or should I drop it below the freeze line.

Same question for water mint, leave it where it's growing now or sink it?
Thanks Karen Zone 5 Ashland, OH

Hey Karen,

My water hibiscus plants do fine in the pond, but like most other plants,
and as far as I know with swamp hibiscus, you don't what the crown or roots
to freeze.

Also, I know how strong the root mass is, and how fast mine grows, you
might want to get it out of that concrete block, before you can't get it
out at all. ;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 26-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Karen

In article , ~ jan JJsPond.us
writes:

Also, I know how strong the root mass is, and how fast mine grows, you
might want to get it out of that concrete block, before you can't get it
out at all. ;o) ~ jan

Hi Jan,

It's still in a pot that sits down the hole of the block, I was going to wait
til spring to repot it, but if I need to drop it below the freeze line, then
guess I'll do it now while the weather is holding out.

What about the water mint in the filter? Should I just drop it in the pond or
plant it and then drop it.

Old 26-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Karen

In article , ~ jan JJsPond.us
writes:

Also, I know how strong the root mass is, and how fast mine grows, you
might want to get it out of that concrete block, before you can't get it
out at all. ;o) ~ jan

Hi Jan,

It's still in a pot that sits down the hole of the block, I was going to wait
til spring to repot it, but if I need to drop it below the freeze line, then
guess I'll do it now while the weather is holding out.

What about the water mint in the filter? Should I just drop it in the pond or
plant it and then drop it.

Thanks
Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

water, water and more water! kathy[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 0 05-06-2008 01:48 AM
Water Hibiscus Karen Ponds 0 22-09-2004 05:18 AM
hibiscus bushes alicia Gardening 1 01-09-2003 04:12 PM