Old 24-09-2004, 02:06 AM
Bart Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Internet Bonsai Club ] On Behalf Of
Nicolas Steenhout
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:54 PM
Subject: [IBC] bathroom bonsai

What you say is true, but this is not the application the requestor
had in mind. He wants a permanet tree in his bathroom. He doesn't
seem to care that the environment is not suitable to growing bonsai.

OTOH, if there is a good window and tons of light, why *not* have a
permanent/semi-permanent tropical tree there? I could see a ficus of some
sort, in a good draining soil. Could be happy with the humid air.

Let's remember, we all do bonsai for different reasons. Perhaps I wouldn't
put a bonsai in the 'loo, but what's to say it's wrong? I say live and let
live.

My 2 kiwi cents

Nic

Every winter, many of my tropicals have wintered in my naturally well-lit,
plus a skylight, bathroom.

With Supplemental lighting, everything loves it.

Last year, I experimented with using ambient lighting only. Ficus and Texas
Ebony were very happy. Jaboticaba tolerated it. Natal Plum had to be moved
to more light.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++