Old 24-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Cat

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message
The message
from "Cat" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in

message

Climatically-challenged persons can buy cloudberry jam in Ikea.

We have yet to be blessed with an Ikea store in Ireland :-)
Though I understand some delis in Dublin carry it, for them that are
prepared to take out a second mortgage.

Before Ikea blessed Scotland, bus companies used to run day shopping
trips taking needy people to the land of the blessed to get their fix of
cloudberry jam, Swedish meatballs and Anna biscuits. I've got a feeling
they do something similar from Belfast to Braehead (Glasgow Ikea) via a
speedcat that docks in Ayrshire. Now all you need to is get to
Belfast...

There are such trips indeedy, and I have even seen an ad somewhere for a
company that will ship your purchases from the Holy Blessed Land of the
Nearest Ikea Shop (aka somewhere in the UK) back to your very own boghole.
But I think these target mostly the trendy furniture goodies - and I don't
think they do flat pack cloudberry jam...

I would still like to hear from anyone who has tried growing the stuff,
though ;-)

--
Cat(h)
The world swirls...