Old 24-09-2004, 07:36 PM
zxcvbob

Thyro wrote:
I'm growing a Peruvian Aji Amarillo and its a great big beautiful
plant with big beautiful Ajis. The problem is they've been big
beautiful ajis verdes for more than a month now and show no signs of
turning amarillo. Has anyone else had any experience with these
peppers?

They take a long time. I'm not sure exactly which pepper you have; I've
grown a capsicum baccatum in Minnesota that has quite large (5 to 7
inches long) fruit that start out yellow-green and eventually turn
orangey-red. I don't get many red ones because they take over a month
to fully ripen. I'm growing another baccatum this year that someone
sent me the seeds -- he called them "Limon de Peru", and I've only seen
one yellow pepper so far this year. I guess it took about 4 to 6 weeks
to fully ripen. The limon peppers turn bright golden yellow when fully
ripe, and they are only about 3 inches long (and I think they taste
better than the other variety I usually grow)

I like them better green anyway.

Best regards,
Bob