Old 24-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Thyro

Default Aji Amarillo in Austin

I'm growing a Peruvian Aji Amarillo and its a great big beautiful
plant with big beautiful Ajis. The problem is they've been big
beautiful ajis verdes for more than a month now and show no signs of
turning amarillo. Has anyone else had any experience with these
peppers?
Old 24-09-2004, 07:36 PM
zxcvbob

Thyro wrote:
I'm growing a Peruvian Aji Amarillo and its a great big beautiful
plant with big beautiful Ajis. The problem is they've been big
beautiful ajis verdes for more than a month now and show no signs of
turning amarillo. Has anyone else had any experience with these
peppers?

They take a long time. I'm not sure exactly which pepper you have; I've
grown a capsicum baccatum in Minnesota that has quite large (5 to 7
inches long) fruit that start out yellow-green and eventually turn
orangey-red. I don't get many red ones because they take over a month
to fully ripen. I'm growing another baccatum this year that someone
sent me the seeds -- he called them "Limon de Peru", and I've only seen
one yellow pepper so far this year. I guess it took about 4 to 6 weeks
to fully ripen. The limon peppers turn bright golden yellow when fully
ripe, and they are only about 3 inches long (and I think they taste
better than the other variety I usually grow)

I like them better green anyway.

Best regards,
Bob
Old 27-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Thyro

Thanks Bob!

I guess I just have to be patient.
Old 27-09-2004, 06:54 PM
Thyro

Thanks Bob!

I guess I'll just have to be patient...
Old 06-05-2005, 01:49 AM
Registered User

Where did you get the seeds for the aji amarillo?
I just moved to Austin and I'm from Peru so would love to have fresh ajies at home!
Thanks!

Old 06-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Rusty Mase

On Fri, 6 May 2005 00:49:11 +0000, soledad
wrote:

Where did you get the seeds for the aji amarillo?
I just moved to Austin and I'm from Peru so would love to have fresh
ajies at home!

You will have to start from seeds on this I suspect.

http://www.seedsofchange.com/
offers these for aji amarillo but it is getting a little late this
year to start peppers from seeds. But you have to start when you can.
Welcome to Austin.

Rusty Mase
Austin, Texas
Old 07-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered User

Thanks! I'll try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Mase

Old 08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Jim Marrs

You still have plenty of time to enjoy a late summer or fall crop. The
peppers will take about 105- 110 days from the time you plant the seed. I
would recommend the following to sites to order online.

http://www.batnet.com/rwc-seed/ Redwood City Seed they have many exotic
varities.

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/index.html A good relible site for both tomato
and pepper seed.

Have Fun.

Jim

--
soledad

Buy Austin Flagstone stone Rock Austin $100 a ton best price361-945-7625 sales Texas 0 25-09-2008 09:59 PM
Somehow my newsreader transposed austin.general for austin.gardening;-) jOhN Texas 5 14-10-2005 02:45 AM
growing aji dulce nina Gardening 0 18-04-2005 05:10 AM
Aji Amarillo in Austin Thyro Edible Gardening 4 27-09-2004 06:54 PM
Aji Amarillo in Austin Thyro Edible Gardening 0 24-09-2004 06:28 PM