Old 24-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Joseph S. Larson

Hi Patrick,
Sounds like your Japanese Snowballs are really lacecaps, and will
always be so! Could be they were mislabelled. Enjoy them - they are
more graceful than snowballs, in my mind! Wendy

Patrick wrote:
Hi, it's me again. I have two Japanese Snowball bushes in my
backyard. They are on opposite sides on my lot and both were planted
in a mostly sunny area. (Note: I live in Florida's panhandle.) Both
were planted with a good helping of peat moss around the roots. Both
have grown rather quickly, one a bit faster than the other though, but
both are over 5-feet tall. Neither, however, have big round
snowball-shaped flowers, instead both have a lot of little "snowflake"
flowers. What do these bushes need to turn their snowflakes into
snowballs?

Patrick