Old 26-09-2004, 03:16 AM
gl

rofl - I agree, it sounds like an impossibility
I believe the full name is "Betula nigra", and I can't remember the actual
variety name, but it might be "Cully". They seemed to be a commonly
available tree in the area a few months ago. Really pretty little tree, with
reddish trunk and small leaves (before it lost them!). The leaves didn't
seem to go brilliant colours unfortunately, just a boring yellow.
I think this is it (it's also called River Birch?)
http://www.floridata.com/ref/B/betula_n.cfm

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article ,
"gl" wrote:

Hi - a few months ago we planted a tropical Birch tree in a huge pot in

the
garden.

What's the scientific name for it? I thought a tropical birch would be a
conntradiction in terms!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet