Old 06-02-2003, 06:02 PM
MC

Default 2 Koi Dead- Cause?

I will check the water quality, but since the pond is frozen except
for a 5 inch hole, I don't know what I could about it. Also, isn't it
unsafe to do a water change with the Koi dormant? I thought you
weren't suppose to disturb them.

"Jim Humphries" wrote in message a...
Your need to check the water quality - pH, nitrates etc.
--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC
"MC" wrote in message
om...
Two of my Koi died last weekend and floated to the top. I am in
Chicago and have kept the ice from freezing over with airstones and a
heat source. I am wondering if they just got sick (they were covered
in slime) or if something in the pond caused it. The water is quite
brown from all the fall leaves. I tried to keep out as many as I
could, but a large number (realtive to pond size) got in. Next fall I
will cover the pond with netting. Could this have affected the fish or
does the water just look ugly to us?