Old 22-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Roy

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:30:21 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
wrote:

===will stick to plastic milk crates? I used normal krylon-type paint on them
===when I first got them, but it came off. DH uses a rubberized type on the
===handles of his wrenches and such. Will this stick better for use in a pond?
===

That Krylon Fusion works great owever there is some so called plastics
that it or anything else for thaty matter will not bond to, or at
least not for long. Most milkcrates are a Polyethylene or
polypropelyne so it may or may not stay adhered to it. You can scuff
it a bit on the slick smooth surfaces to help in giving it some bite.
I have milk crates that I use for stands etc for odds and ends I am
working on and they get splattered with all inds of paints etc. After
a while they get pretty rough looking so I use a regular garden hose
and hit em with a good jet of water and the paint comes off in chunks.

Plasti Dip is a rubber type coating that is available in spray or dip
and it lasts pretty good, mainly due to its felxibility. I coated a
stainless rack with it thats totally submerged in the half barrel and
its doing great. You can get it in a matt black finish in spray can.
Lowes and some other big box stores sell it.

Paint no matter what you use and how much you pay is hard to get to
hold up when submerged under water. Its just one of those things.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.