Old 22-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Ann in Houston

Default what kind of paint

will stick to plastic milk crates? I used normal krylon-type paint on them
when I first got them, but it came off. DH uses a rubberized type on the
handles of his wrenches and such. Will this stick better for use in a pond?

Old 22-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Newbie Bill

I believe it is Krylon which makes a paint clearly labeled as "Krylon? for
plastic". I have used it an it works beautifully. Drys almost right away.
Bill

om...

Old 22-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Gareee©

There's a new Krylon that should work.. you can even paint plastic chairs,
and outdoor kid's toys as well.
It's called Krylon Fusion, an dis usually found at Wal-Mart.

It will dry in a few hours, but NEEDS to be left alone for a full week so
the paint can molecularly bond with the plastic.

We painted a kid's pool black last year, and made a nice small reflection
pond a little bit from our larger one, and the paint is still rock solid on
it.

--
Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
Homepage:

Old 22-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Roy

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:30:21 GMT, "Ann in Houston"
wrote:

===will stick to plastic milk crates? I used normal krylon-type paint on them
===when I first got them, but it came off. DH uses a rubberized type on the
===handles of his wrenches and such. Will this stick better for use in a pond?
===

That Krylon Fusion works great owever there is some so called plastics
that it or anything else for thaty matter will not bond to, or at
least not for long. Most milkcrates are a Polyethylene or
polypropelyne so it may or may not stay adhered to it. You can scuff
it a bit on the slick smooth surfaces to help in giving it some bite.
I have milk crates that I use for stands etc for odds and ends I am
working on and they get splattered with all inds of paints etc. After
a while they get pretty rough looking so I use a regular garden hose
and hit em with a good jet of water and the paint comes off in chunks.

Plasti Dip is a rubber type coating that is available in spray or dip
and it lasts pretty good, mainly due to its felxibility. I coated a
stainless rack with it thats totally submerged in the half barrel and
its doing great. You can get it in a matt black finish in spray can.
Lowes and some other big box stores sell it.

Paint no matter what you use and how much you pay is hard to get to
hold up when submerged under water. Its just one of those things.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 23-09-2004, 04:31 AM
Crashj

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message . com...
will stick to plastic milk crates?

Krylon Fusion has been mentioned, but I doubt it will stick to
underwater milk crates for long. You are better off seeking crates in
the color you want.
Try it and let us know!
--
Crashj

Old 23-09-2004, 05:03 AM
Bill Stock

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
om...
will stick to plastic milk crates? I used normal krylon-type paint on

them
when I first got them, but it came off. DH uses a rubberized type on the
handles of his wrenches and such. Will this stick better for use in a

pond?

I used the Krylon Fusion on the PVC for my water cooled PC (whole nother
diversion) and it worked fine. Just make sure you use it under well
ventilated conditions, like outside. You can also buy an epoxy based paint,
but I don't know if it will outgas and kill the fish.

Old 23-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Happy'Cam'per

What about Bitumin, is'nt this stuff inert? Its used in Hydroponics setups
as a water sealant so surely it should be 'safe'?
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

.rogers.com...

Old 23-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Happy'Cam'per

What about Bitumin, is'nt this stuff inert? Its used in Hydroponics setups
as a water sealant so surely it should be 'safe'?
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.rogers.com...

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
om...
will stick to plastic milk crates? I used normal krylon-type paint on

them
when I first got them, but it came off. DH uses a rubberized type on

the
handles of his wrenches and such. Will this stick better for use in a

pond?

I used the Krylon Fusion on the PVC for my water cooled PC (whole nother
diversion) and it worked fine. Just make sure you use it under well
ventilated conditions, like outside. You can also buy an epoxy based

paint,
but I don't know if it will outgas and kill the fish.

what kind of paint Ann in Houston Ponds 0 22-09-2004 08:30 PM
paint question Coffee Ponds 3 30-04-2003 05:09 AM
Watching paint dry William Tasso United Kingdom 3 13-04-2003 05:33 PM
WE PAINT FLOWERS ITER Australia 0 03-04-2003 12:20 PM
fencing Paint Howie United Kingdom 2 10-02-2003 09:16 AM