Old 26-09-2004, 08:39 AM
len gardener

g'day knll,

sounds like scale to me, look for ants they have a symbiotic
relationship, there is a homemade white oil recipe on my remedies page
or use clear white oils at app' 25% recommended rate, liberally spray
infected areas, after the heat of the sun if the plants are in the
garden if they are in pots keep them out of direct sun until treatment
is complete. followup spraying may be needed, aldo you can cut off all
infested fronds to help treatment the palms will survive.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.