Old 26-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Ken Oaf

On 25 Sep 2004 17:18:19 -0700, (knll) wrote:

Can anyone help me ID this pest & recommend suitable treatment.

I have tried to use google, but have not been able to find anything.

This is really a crude description; the pest looks line those
barnacles you get on rocks at the beach.

They are only 2-3 mm diameter and 1-2mm high, shaped like a shell and
are 'suckered' onto the leaves of my Golden Cane palms. They are
coloured grey, with a rough textured look on the outside. There are
hundreds of them throughout the clump.

Thanks for any help in identifying this pest.

If they are solid and waxy, it is scale. If they are fluffy it is mealy bug.