Old 26-09-2004, 08:27 AM
jOhN

The picture link I included was an example of oak wilt and, as noted, is
NOT what any of my dropped leaves look like.
I have since cruised my neighborhood and saw that many of the live oaks
were shedding leaves in a fashion similar to those in my yard. I think
Andyd is right in that it is a normal tree function.

escapee wrote:
Did you look at the photo he provided? That is not normal.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:13:25 GMT, Andyd opined:

I believe it is just that time of year. I used to worry about my
Red/Spanish Oaks dropping leaves in late summer/early fall when before
most of my neighbors, but then as I looked about town I noticed that
some were just starting to lose their leaves. Yes, it seems to be a
slow trickle, especially noticable if you have a pool that they hang
over like I do.

andyd

at, 18 Sep 2004 18:09:09 GMT, jOhN wrote:

Howdy,
It seems that there is a relatively high rate of leaf drop from assorted
live oaks on my property. A slow but steady trickle that accumulates of
the driveway, patio, and hot tub cover. None of them show the specific
signs of oak wilt as depicted on this link.

http://www.forestryimages.org/images...12/0758075.jpg

The leaves that drop can be all brown, all green, brown or green with
assorted discolorations or deformations. A couple of dozen variants from
each tree.

The trees don't really look bare regarding leaf coverage.

Could this be due to our weirdo summer weather this year?

john