Old 26-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Jenny

Default Questions about Lime for Lawn

I got my soil tested by some local Master Gardeners and they told me how
many pounds per 100 sq feet the lawn needs to correct the pH.

But I'm mystified as to what to do next.

A couple questions:

1. What is the difference between pelletized lime and the cheaper stuff?

2. Do I use my Scott's rotary spreader to apply the lime, and if so, how do
I figure out the setting needed?

3. My lawn needs a huge amount of lime. I assume I do a bit each year, not
all at once. Is this so?

4. I've planted new grass and overseeded this month. When is it safe to
apply the lime?

Zone 5 here, with a 1 year old lawn for a new house.
-- Jenny