Old 26-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Roy

On 26 Sep 2004 10:23:10 -0700, (Rob) wrote:

===This all makes me think: what is the feasibility of raising fish to
===eat in a 400 gallon Zone 9 pond? Not that I'm serious about it, just
===curious...

Well here in Alabama its not uncommon to see foks have a couple of
catfish etc in livestock tanks just allowing them to grow and
eventually they willget pulled out and eaten. One of the most common
containers I have seen are the small concrete septic tanks and even
concrete burial vaualts used to raising up catfish in. One hatchery I
used to buy my catfish fingerlings at, had row after row of these
burial vaults under a tin shed roof and had pvc pipe pouring water
into them that was diverted from a nearby stream.. They were packed
full of catfish.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.