Old 27-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Rick

Default Get the pond ready for winter

I am a first year ponder and live in central Mo. My pond is about 1200 Gal.
although I have had my bout with algae and string weed something I have
learned that every ponder must go thru. I have had nothing but joy with my
new found hobby . Winter is coming and I have a couple of questions. I
think, I have the problem of keeping the pond from completely freezing over
solved , keep my 3 Koi and 6 Goldfish alive, with a bubbler and if need be a
stock tank heater. My question is about my plants. I have a Water Iris,
Imperial Taro, Red Star Tulhub, Black Tiger, White Pickerel, Water lettuce
and some Lilies. I really don't know if the names of the plants are correct.
who ever wrote the name on those little plant markers must have been a
part-time doctor, I could not make out his writing. I will put the lilies
into the deepest part of the pond but don't know with the others. Can I
just bring them in to the house in a container and change the water ones a
week, what do I feed them , is the light from a window enough. I would
really like to save all my plants , including my Water Lettuce.