Old 27-09-2004, 02:13 AM
RichToyBox

The bags will be fine as Ingrid said, but due to the number of fish, I would
use oxygen instead of just air. I use welding oxygen to fill my bags to
transport my koi, even if it is for a short 15 minute trip. You never know
when something will cause a traffic shutdown. When packed on air, I find
few places will package the fish until you are ready to go home and then
they warn about stopping in route. On oxygen they are good for about 24
hours. That give you time to net, bag and box them, load them in the
vehicle, get them out, temperature acclimate, and release, without any fish
being potentially suffocated.
--
RichToyBox

"Roy" wrote in message
Was offered quite a few (30 to 40 estimate on quanity in pond) koi
that was in a pond on the property of this persons house they just
bought. Its a small pond, above ground, but a lot of the koi are huge
18" plus and there is also a bunch of various other sizes as well. All
this is in a pond of perhaps 24" deep and 4' x 10 feet in
size.........They want the fish gone so they can get rid of the pond
so what would be a good way to haul them home.

I have some pretty heavy inflatable plastic bags used for filling
spaces in shipping cartons etc (just like the baggies they put fish in
in stores only heavier and larger, perhaps10 gal capacity or more)

Fish would have to be hauled about 40 miles. Would these large plastic
bags be suitable or would I be better off buying a few rubber maid
trash cans? Or perhaps some ice chests.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.