Old 27-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Roy

Well I got load (17) of fish home, and intend to go back for another
load this weekend. I used the heavy clear plastic bags I had, just
filled sufficient water in them, trapped in a heap of air, and tied
them closed. They range in sizes from small 2 or 3" to better than 20"
in size.. Travel time on the road was only about 30 minutes..did not
have access to O2, but they did well in plastic bags filled with air
and placed in ice chests and coolers and boxes in the back of the
truck.

Once home I placed them in a 350 gallon stock tank I had made out of
galvanized metal, that I placed a sheet of plastic into as the tank
had a few pin hole leaks.........filled the tank with water fom the
pond, and installed a sumbersible pump and filter assembly. I'll keep
em in that for a couple of days, but they all appear healthy. Since
its the same water as n the pond further accimations should not be
necessary. I even have the stock tank partially submerged about 3/4ths
of the way in the pond itself so temps would remain same.

I'll release the larger ones (8" on up) into the main pond as they
are beyond prey size, and put the smaller ones in the enclosure I have
until they get a bit more size to them.

Then its off to get the rest of them. I have quite a few more to
catch yet.......probably in the neighborhood of 20 or so.....Once the
fish are out, she said if I wanted anaything from the pond like the
pump and such or even the rocks and plants etc to take it.......she
just wants the pond gone so they can add an extension on the house.

She did request that if she ever decided to have another pond at a
later date could she get some fish from me..........which certainly
was just fine with me.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.