Old 21-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Chriss Flagg

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dong Gumong"
Subject: [IBC] Grape Bonsai Help

It was doing quite well for a while, but we went away for about 4-5
days and came back to discover a little 'fuzz' on some of the leaves.
Kind of looked like peach fuzz, or dust even. Should we be concerned?
It still seemed to be ok for a while, until recently some of the leaf
tips are getting brown and a few are falling off. I'm assuming this
is normal though, since the weather has been getting colder here in
Seattle.

Any help/advice on what to do would be appreciated!

Thanks,
-p

Hi,

I live in the Puyallup area, 45-50 miles south of Seattle. I have a grape
for the last 4 yrs. This time of the year the leaves are turning and
falling off. By the middle of October I will have this healed in for
winter.

This year I had the sweetest tasting bunch of grapes. I actually got them
before the opossum.

As for the fuzz, I some on mine when I first brought it home. I washed it
off and put the grape in a sunny place outside. I have never had the
problem again.
I did find out that it is happy in the east-south east planter of my yard.

Between everyone here on the list and good common sense, you will end up
with a nice tree.

Good luck,

Chriss Flagg
Puyallup, Washington