Old 28-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Jay Chan

I need to accomplish the following tomorrow is the order correct?
1. Aerate
2. Seed
3. Starter Fertilizer
4. Lime

I aerate first, and then I add seeds and fertilizer. I think this
doesn't matter whether you add seeds first or fertilizer first because
I do both at the same day any way.

I add lime weeks before adding seeds/fertilizer because I am under the
impression that lime will take one month to fully take effect. You can
add lime before or after adding seeds/fertilizer; that should not make
any difference.

In the last step, I will also add a thin layer of top soil or compost
over the seeds. I believe this helps germination and prevent birds
from eating all the seeds. But doing this is the most physical part of
the seeding process.

Hope this helps.

Jay Chan