Old 28-09-2004, 06:05 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:49:24 -0500, "Cecelia Medbery"
wrote:

I'm facing reality...it really is fall and I didn't plant any fall veggies!

My reality is that I had some surgery last week, and can't
anything for another three.

insert much foul grumbling here

I won't be able to start any lettuce or spinach until almost
November.

I do have lots of fall flowers blooming, but they don't last long around
here (Nebraska).

Yes, we're into the fall season here in South Carolina, only ours
won't end as soon as yours. I am enjoying sitting on the front
porch, and watching the butterflies and hummingbirds every
morning, though.

It won't be but a few more weeks and we will have snow.
I'm trying to plan my "winterizing" between now and then. VERY busy time of
year with 3 sons' birthdays (2 in October and 1 on November 1st), plus
Halloween costumes (I sew them), the election, Fall carnival at youngest
son's school...do I need to go on?

whiiiiiiine See, I feel so left out. Everyone's busy but me. I
even had to give a bunch of my peppers away because I can't
process them fast enough.

You better believe I kept those last few tomatoes, though!

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"