Old 28-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Peter Crosland

Probably - Chilterns sell the seed, so presumably it is possible to get
it to germinate.

Whilst looking for information I stumbled across Chiltern Seeds. I am sure
they are going to be a very expensive find for me!

I've tried from my own seed, but failed. But I didn't try very hard.

AFAIW it is a naturally occurring species and not a garden variety
(unless you mean the dwarf form).

Thanks for that Kay. According Mitchell et al the dwarf version occurs
naturally on Quelpaert Island and mine is one of those AFAIK. I certainly
did not buy it as named cultivar.

ROTFLOL about the byline!

Thank for you comments.