Old 28-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

I looked at the picture and it looks like glued on rocks on the surface of
the pot. If it is remove them NOW. I'll bet you are over watering. Bougies
don't respond well to cool, wet situations. I seem to have better luck in peat
based soils and use Metro Mix 500 for mine.
They do like to be pruned and will respond well to pruning. They bloom only
on new growth and yours doesn't look healthy.
I wouldn't worry about the dormant period. Thye grow and bloom all year in
south Florida. Put it indoors, don't over water, give it as much light as
possible, prune as needed and it should repond well next spring when you can give
it full sun again.
Remember that this is a tropical plant and even in summer the sun in Zone 5
is not anything like the sun in Zone 10.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++