Old 29-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Cereus-validus

1. Commelina communis

2. Eupatorium sp. (Asteraceae, not even in same family as hemlock.)

3. Aster sp.

4. Acalypha rhomboidea

None of them are deadly. Don't worry about the dogs eating them.

"TQuinn" wrote in message
At least, I think they're weeds. I didn't plant them, I know that much.

This one is growing through my hosta, and pretty much wherever else it

wants to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunn...s/Mvc-107f.jpg

This one I'm worried about because someone once told me it was hemlock:

http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunn...s/MVC-097F.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunn...s/MVC-098F.JPG

I've looked up hemlock and I see there are things it can be mistaken for,

and I
really hope it's not hemlock because this stuff grows wild right next to

my
driveway, no matter how many times I think I pull it all.

This next one is a very large, stalky plant growing in my yard, there were
several, but I only let this one grow to full height to see what it would

do,
and this bloomed last week:
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunn...s/MVC-104F.JPG

The final one is growing wherever there's shade. It gets pretty tall, but

the
roots are shallow enough that I don't mind pulling it where it doesn't

belong.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bellyrunn...s/MVC-106F.JPG

Most of all, I really just want to know if any of these are toxic, as I

have a
dog that grazes in the yard and she comes before plants.

Thanks again for all your wisdom.
-T