Old 29-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Craig Cowing

Tlsrider wrote:

Hello,

My name is Rick and I live in New England. (USA, zone 5). In my part of the land we are at the time where you bring all your tropicals indoors and prepare your hardy trees for the winter ahead. I have a Bougainvillea that I purchased last winter. It was bought from a nursery where it was kept in a heated greenhouse with other tropicals. At the time it had flowers. Once spring came around I brought it outside where it continued to grow but lost all its flowers and never flowered again.

snip

I have found that aphids were the biggest challenge for me last winter. Stay right on top of that. I sprayed with an insecticidal soam (Safer) and that helped.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++