Old 29-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Nina Shishkoff

(Anil Kaushik) wrote in message ...
Nina

Thank you for the information. The leaves of this plant are small about 1
cm long, elliptical and on crushing gives off fragrance like those of
Myrtle "Myrtus communis", the colour and texture of the trunk is like that
of Eucalyptus.

Anil Kaushik

I wrote Anil offlist, so don't wonder what I said: I said it was
Melaleuca, and it smells like myrtle because it is in the myrtaceae.
I also said, and someone with experience with tea trees can confirm
this, that it doesn't like its roots messed with.

Nina, who posts through Google groups, which often malfunctions, hence
the offlists....