Old 29-09-2004, 08:07 PM
len gardener

Default fruit fly deterent - idea

just got this hint from another forum, i have it posted on my remedies
page and by the sounds of it i'm going to have to start using it
myself real soon.

basically you need a bottle or jar (plasic) with a lid, they say use a
pint container so any of the 6 or 700 mm soft drink bottles (can't see
why smaller drink containers would work) would do drill a hole near
the top of the bottle, the hole is for a hemp rope or similar material
wick that should go right to the bottom of the bottle and hang out
through the hole drilled to suit the rope/wick size. then all but fill
the bottle with diesel fuel and hang the devices around your garden.

let us know how it works.

len
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.