Old 29-09-2004, 07:05 PM
N. Woolley

NOoooooooo!!!!! That's an invasive non-native plant!

How about Cherry Laurel, Nandina, Texas Mountain Laurel, Wafer Ash,
Evergreen Sumac or other native plant? Check with the Lady Bird Johnson
Wildflower Center - they have lots of reference materials to help you
decide. And they have some really nice plantings you can walk through
and see if there are any native shrubs you like. How about a mixture of
plants instead of a solid wall of one thing?

-Nancy

Therasa wrote:
Japanese Ligustrum.

"bdaniels1" wrote in message
lkaboutgardening.com...

I need to plant a TALL privacy hedge against my back fence (about 200 feet
long). I need something that is low maintenance, will grow quickly and is
reasonably priced. Any ideas? I've heard about Green Giant Arborvitae
would they work here?

Thank you!