Old 29-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Tim Tyler

Default Mulberries

I've taken some cuttings and fruit from a local mulberry tree:

My "mulberry" photos:

http://timtyler.org/fruit/mulberry/

The good news is that the mulberry seeds have sprouted - and
the mulberry cuttings are showing signs of life as well ;-)

The germination rate of the seeds was low - I planted several
hundred seeds - but only four have germinated.

The cuttings that have apparently survived have simply been
placed in water - and took quite a long time to show any
signs of life.

I'm looking forward to a mulberry-flavoured future ;-)

It looks as though the same trick can be fairly easily
be performed with figs as well.

Hopefully, I'll keep you guys informed of my progress.
--