Old 30-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Bill Stock

"Nitesbane" wrote in message
news:7%B6d.2707$va.1173@trndny03...
I'll be upgrading the lighting on a 55 gallon planted tank soon from the
"standard" hood that came with it (equates to about .8 wpg) to PC
flourescents (just a little over 2 wpg). Should I expect a huge algae

bloom
at first? Right now the only algae I have is a little bit of very short
green fuzz. Are my crypts (lucens and lutea) going to melt...again...?

Will 2 bottles of DIY CO2 be enough for this tank, or should I add a

third?
Are there web pages about upgrading your lights that I'm missing?

I went from 25W to 144W PC and did not notice a huge algae bloom, but then I
don't have any CO2.