Old 30-09-2004, 02:09 PM
griz

Tim Tyler wrote:

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:37:10 GMT, Tim Tyler wrote:

Anyone know if you can grow Turmeric, Galangal or Karachi from roots in
the UK?

So far my ginger has sprouted - but my Turmeric and Karachi have not
shown any signs of life. I will persist...
--

I planted a piece of ginger in my allotment back in July - nothing at all
sprouted.

I tried years ago to grow it in a pot also without much luck - didn't rot,
but didn't grow either. What am I doing wrong? Do you put a whole piece
with a few buds? How deep? Should it be done in spring?

Griz