Old 30-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

....Andy Walsh, a chemist, once wrote a post
(probably in our searchable archive)explaining how plants (unlike
humans) produce their own B 1, so the application of exogenous B1 was
unlikely to do anything...
I have no empirical evidence one way or the other regarding B1 and its use after repotting. However, just because plants have the ability to produce their own B1 (or ANY other vitamin, chemical, enzyme...) in no way indicates that supplementation of that substance does not help. We humans can manufacture most amino acids we need for muscle growth given the appropriate raw materials. However - that does NOT necessarily mean that is the optimal situation. A proper regimen of supplements can drastically improve the bodies ability to generate new muscle growth. This is especially true following trauma or when the body is experiencing extreme stress. Is the same true for plants (repotting, root pruning, transplanting are times of extreme stress for the plant)? I don't know, but I would have to hypothesize that if "superfeeding" really does work - it must be true to some extent.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++