Old 30-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:58:30 GMT, (Anna Kettle)
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get them in Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk?

Bradfield Woods, just east of Bury St Edmunds. One pound + VAT per
stick (c20-25mm diameter) they come in bundles of 10. Peter Fordham is
the man to talk to and his number is 01284 810379 but I don't have
much success contacting him that way I just turn up at 8.30am when he
arrives for work

Seems a bit on the pricey side.
I was chatting to me local forester just the other day, and he tells
me he gets 30p a stick from coppicing. Assuming that's the going
'trade price', a quid plus vat is a hefty markup.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk