Old 30-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:56:19 +0100, "ajr" wrote:

I've had copies delivered of the 'phone directory, Thompsons and Yellow
Pages in the last few weeks. As the local recycling centre does not want
the old copies I was wondering if these directories can be thrown on the
compost heap?

Our council now takes Yellow Pages. The manufacturers changed the
glue which made them difficult to recycle, so I understand.
This afternoon I was digging out the contents of a "Dalek" composter
which had not been emptied for 2 years. Good stuff but 3 things had
not composted; 1. wet wipes 2. egg shells and 3. a paper-back book
which I had thrown in as it had some pages missing. It would have
disintegrated eventually but was still recognisable as a book. I
should have torn it up.
If you tear up the directories they will compost as well as newspaper.

Pam in Bristol