Old 01-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Jean Staffen

It looks exactly like my peach tree did this past spring. It died. There
was a bulbous, spongy, sappy something at the base -- about as big as your
fist. It had not had any peaches until this year. The virmints got the
peaches and then the tree died. I sawed off the limbs and I'm using it for
a trellis to train a climber on. Serves some purpose at least.

"James Lushey" wrote in message

Thanksall for your help - I do have a roadrunner webpage but I've

never
used
it or learned HTML. I took dt's advice and have posted 2 pics he

http://tinypic.com/abmg3

and

http://tinypic.com/abmg9

Thank you all for your replies - hopefully you can see a little

clearer
what
might be going on with the tree.

Unfortunately, that is what my peach tree looked like just prior to
croaking...........:-(

Did you get any advice or try to do anything with it? I'd hate for this

tree
to die...