Old 18-09-2004, 06:46 AM
James Lushey

Default Peach Tree

Hello all,

I recently found your group, and I have been reading posts with interest. I
have a pre-established peach tree in the house I moved into last summer.
Altho it bore plenty of fruit they developed black blotches on them and they
all rotted away. I bought some spray but was informed it was too late to
save them by the time I got it.

My question, tho, is all of the leaves are drooping, and many are 50-75%
covered in yellow spots. They are also starting to shed. Is this related to
the fruit problem, or is there an issue with the soil? Any help would be
much appreciated.

Old 24-09-2004, 10:00 PM
J Lushey

"James Lushey" wrote in
:

Hi, I hadn't heard anything back so I thought I'd attach a picture. Does
anyone have any advice please?

Attached Thumbnails
Peach Tree-peach.jpg
Old 25-09-2004, 03:54 AM
escapee

Is there any way you can take a photo without the glare and much closer to the
bark and foliage so we can see that? Also, I don't mind, but binaries are not
supposed to be posted to newsgroups unless it's a binaries group. Please post
the photo to a website if you can.

Old 25-09-2004, 10:52 AM
James Lushey

I can take another pic but I don't have a web page - sorry :-(

Should I? I don't want to annoy the group...

Old 25-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Rusty Mase

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:52:21 GMT, "James Lushey"
wrote:

I can take another pic but I don't have a web page - sorry :-(
Should I? I don't want to annoy the group...

James, there is a "Cancel-Bot" that scans through messages posted to
Usenet and eliminates those that are in violation of agreements set up
when each newsgroup was started. The agreements are summarized at:
http://austin.frenzy.com/austin/ among other places.

We used to have a better FAQ posted specifically for austin.gardening
but it has not survived. If you post a message with an attached
binary file to any of the "Text Based" newsgroups like this one, the
message will be deleted by the Bot when it is found.

Also, if you see a message posted here that is clearly inappropriate,
if you just ignore it, the message will likely be deleted fairly soon.
Of course that would do James no good as no one would have noticed his
plight.

Maybe someone who has solved this dilemma can post a hint as to how
you can convenient put an image somewhere where James can link to the
URL.

Rusty Mase

Old 25-09-2004, 08:16 PM
jamie

James Lushey wrote:
I can take another pic but I don't have a web page - sorry :-(

Should I? I don't want to annoy the group...

I thought Roadrunner came with free website space, but if you
don't have time to set that up, you can start a photo album at
photos.yahoo.com , and upload your pictures there and post the links.

Many news-servers delete posts with binaries in non-binary groups.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Old 27-09-2004, 02:37 PM
dt

jamie wrote:

James Lushey wrote:

I can take another pic but I don't have a web page - sorry :-(

Should I? I don't want to annoy the group...

I thought Roadrunner came with free website space, but if you
don't have time to set that up, you can start a photo album at
photos.yahoo.com , and upload your pictures there and post the links.

Many news-servers delete posts with binaries in non-binary groups.

James (and anybody else who doesn't have a place to put photos), go to
http://tinypic.com. They'll let you browse a photo off your computer
and put it where anybody can see it. You may have to scroll down the
page to see the URL for the picture you've uploaded. For example:
http://tinypic.com/aa6bm which was sent to my by my mother. ;-)

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 27-09-2004, 10:26 PM
James Lushey

Thanksall for your help - I do have a roadrunner webpage but I've never used
it or learned HTML. I took dt's advice and have posted 2 pics he

http://tinypic.com/abmg3

and

http://tinypic.com/abmg9

Thank you all for your replies - hopefully you can see a little clearer what
might be going on with the tree.

Old 27-09-2004, 10:45 PM
God Bless Texas

James Lushey wrote:
Thanksall for your help - I do have a roadrunner webpage but I've never used
it or learned HTML. I took dt's advice and have posted 2 pics he

James,

You do have a website - http://home.austin.rr.com/lushey - you probably
just don't have any html "webpage" files loaded there.

But, you can place *any* file into that directory, and post a link
thusly:

http://home.austin.rr.com/lushey/filename.extension

and most browsers will open or download the file.

Old 28-09-2004, 03:10 AM
jOhN

"dt" wrote in message

jamie wrote:

James Lushey wrote:

I can take another pic but I don't have a web page - sorry :-(

Should I? I don't want to annoy the group...

I thought Roadrunner came with free website space, but if you
don't have time to set that up, you can start a photo album at
photos.yahoo.com , and upload your pictures there and post the links.

Many news-servers delete posts with binaries in non-binary groups.

James (and anybody else who doesn't have a place to put photos), go to
http://tinypic.com. They'll let you browse a photo off your computer
and put it where anybody can see it. You may have to scroll down the
page to see the URL for the picture you've uploaded. For example:
http://tinypic.com/aa6bm which was sent to my by my mother. ;-)

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Unfortunately, that is what my peach tree looked like just prior to
croaking...........:-(

Old 28-09-2004, 07:31 PM
James Lushey

Thanksall for your help - I do have a roadrunner webpage but I've never

used
it or learned HTML. I took dt's advice and have posted 2 pics he

http://tinypic.com/abmg3

and

http://tinypic.com/abmg9

Thank you all for your replies - hopefully you can see a little clearer

what
might be going on with the tree.

Unfortunately, that is what my peach tree looked like just prior to
croaking...........:-(

Did you get any advice or try to do anything with it? I'd hate for this tree
to die...

Old 01-10-2004, 03:37 AM
Jean Staffen

It looks exactly like my peach tree did this past spring. It died. There
was a bulbous, spongy, sappy something at the base -- about as big as your
fist. It had not had any peaches until this year. The virmints got the
peaches and then the tree died. I sawed off the limbs and I'm using it for
a trellis to train a climber on. Serves some purpose at least.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:12 PM
jojo

James
http://photos.yahoo.com/cgv_2000
here is a link to pictures of my peach trees
that seem to be in the same condition as yours.
If you think so too..your welcome to reference my link so that others can
help you with your problem (and mine too)
jojo

Old 09-10-2004, 06:38 AM
James Lushey

Got to be honest, your leaves look quite different. Mine have really
specific yellow dots on them, that in some cases have taken over the whole
leaf. They're much droopier, and started dropping a few months ago. Also the
fruit was infected with some kind of fungus, so I wasn't able to sample a
single one. This is the first garden I've "owned" so I was hoping it wasn't
just dying. My guess is the tree is only about 6 or 7 yrs old. I wish yours
all the best, but they really look like different problems. Thanks for
responding tho,

James.