Old 01-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Amy Lou

"Staycalm" wrote in message
u...
What conditions do figs like? We have a fig tree down the back of our yard
in Northern Melbourne. It's maybe 3 metres tall. Was here when we moved in

3
years ago. It's never produced fruit. I'm contemplating getting rid of it

if
it's not going to ever fruit as it's in a garden bed where I'd like to

plant
more veg. What do you think?

Heh heh. We have a very old fig tree in our garden and we sell the fruit
(they are very popular I must add) for 40 cents each. Figs are hard to come
by in the shops so we have a steady supply of folk wanting to buy them from
us. We have fig trees that are much less than 3 metres tall and they have
fruit. Perhaps your fig tree is an ornamental one?

Amy