Old 01-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Bob Hobden

"Steve Harris" wrote
I have several pods of seeds from my Lilies! Id it worth sowing them? If
so, how?

Yes it is worth sowing them BUT it takes a few years to get the plants up to
flowering size.
I've always just sowed in a pot of multipurpose compost and covered the
seeds with about a quarter of an inch of sifted compost. Keep moist and in a
warmish light place, about 50°F, and they should start growing quite
quickly. Either repot with more space or plant out into a nursery bed next
summer. Alternatively wait until next spring and plant then but you will
be another year behind.

--
Regards
Bob