Old 01-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Rod

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:52:41 +0100, "Cat"
wrote:

With the popularity of instant garden makeover shows, it seems the
popularity of turf in rolls has grown too.
I am just wondering - except for the obvious (immediate visual impact, no
waiting), what are the advantages?
I assume it is quite a bit costlier than seeding a lawn?
What say the experts here?
The question is rhetorical, because my lawn was laid by seeding 3 months
ago, and it is only gorgeous!

Yes, it's more expensive.
It's harder work unless it's mechanised (only suitable for large scale
works)
You don't get to choose the grasses unless you buy top quality turf.
You still have to prepare a decent 'seedbed' for it.
As you've seen if you look after your seeded lawn properly it
establishes almost as quickly as turf.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.