Old 02-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Rick

Jan
Do I keep the Taro in water or like a normal house plant. I'll just bring
the Red Star Tulhub and Black Tigerin also. I've been looking for a picture
of them so I can check on the names so fare no dice. Any ideas on the Water
Lettuce? Thanx

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
I am a first year ponder and live in central Mo. My pond is about 1200

Gal.
snip
stock tank heater. My question is about my plants. I have a Water

Iris,
Imperial Taro, Red Star Tulhub, Black Tiger, White Pickerel, Water

lettuce
and some Lilies. I really don't know if the names of the plants are

correct.
snip
week, what do I feed them , is the light from a window enough. I would
really like to save all my plants , including my Water Lettuce.

Taro will have to come in, it is an easy keeper, needs light from a

window,
it will be fine. De-bug it before you bring it in and clip off all but one
new leaf. Watch for spider mites mid-winter. Everything else can stay out,
except I've never heard of or seen Red Star Tulhub or Black Tiger. Could
you take a picture/website? Or google for a picture perhaps? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a