Old 02-10-2004, 11:35 AM
ex WGS Hamm

"Plantsman" wrote in message

Bob Hobden Wrote:
Sue bought a white Datura (not a Brugmansia) this year and I've allowed
it
to set seed which it has in abundance.
Any tips on growing these from seed?

--
Regards
Bob

Hello Bob, my way with Datura stramonium has been to sow in early
spring in a multpurpose compost and covered with a thin layer of
vermiculite or fine grit. They were then placed in a close case at a
temp of 16-18C and kept moist. Eventually brought out to to open
staging, potted on as required and grown on for patio container display
from mid May.

I have some growing here. Dunno where it came from as I never planted it. I
keep pulling it up but it comes up every year and is spreading over my
garden. Any tips on how to kill the blooming things?